We released our first LinkedIn integration last week and we’d love to know what you think! Here is a walkthrough on sharing a vsnap via LinkedIn message and connecting an existing Vsnap account.
Sharing a vsnap with a LinkedIn message…
You’ll see on the Share page we’ve added a LinkedIn button next to the Twitter button:
Once the LinkedIn share page is open, you’ll see this (minus the red arrows, of course):
- We grab the title and description of your vsnap, but you may edit either of these. Remember to include language that is personal and would encourage a receipient to click on your vsnap link. If you do not enter a description on your vsnap, we set it to “a vsnap is a short personal video message, 60 seconds or less.”
- Uncheck “Post to updates”, otherwise the vsnap will show up in your public LinkedIn feed.
- Sharing to LinkedIn means you’re finalizing the vsnap and you will not be able to edit any part of it after you’ve shared it.
- You may share a vsnap with anyone that has a LinkedIn account, even if you’re not connected to them, as long as you have their email address.
- LinkedIn will have stock language in the message portion, don’t forget to personalize it.
Connecting LinkedIn to an existing account
To connect your LinkedIn and Vsnap accounts, head to the Account tab on your Vsnap feed page. On that page, you’ll see which third party accounts are linked to your Vsnap account:
Click “Log in with LinkedIn”.
If you’re not logged into a LinkedIn account, you’ll see this page:
If you’re already logged into your LinkedIn account, like I am, you’ll see your LinkedIn picture and name:
The Vsnap permission asks for your name, photo, headline and current positions. We’re asking for the lowest permission possible that LinkedIn allows. We do no use/store any of the data that LinkedIn gives us access to. Our only purpose is to make it easy for users to login and share.
Your LinkedIn shares and views are listed on the Details page, which you can get to by clicking the eyeball on any vsnap in your feed. A view is registered when someone clicks on the vsnap link.