We always talk about the hows and whys of sending a vsnap, so I figured I’d switch it up this time and give you some information on what the receiving side is like and how to tailor that experience.
If you choose to send your vsnap via email, the recipient will get an email notification like the one above, minus the red arrows and numbers of course.
- The subject line of the vsnap notification email will always be: Your full name (or whatever you’ve entered in as your company or brand name) + “sent you a vsnap”. As a premium feature in the future, we’ll allow you to edit that.
- While the From email says, email@example.com, if the recipient hits the reply button in the email, whatever email you’ve associated with your Vsnap account will show up so that they can reply directly to you.
- We’ll always add in the title of your vsnap so people know what the video is about. That’s why we encourage you to make your titles descriptive and snappy (you’ve got 90 characters). (Read: Coming Up With a Vsnap Title)
- The URL is unique to each person you send a vsnap to, that way we can track who has opened the vsnap and display that information under the “Details” button (which only the senders can see).
- The email will always be signed with your name (or whatever you’ve entered in as your company or brand name). In the future, there will also be a premium feature that’ll allow you to brand this area of the notification email.
- A thumbnail of your signature vsnap will be added to the end of the notification email so that people will be more inclined to watch your video. (For more info: Signature Vsnaps 101)
Now if your recipients have PowerInbox installed, the picure above is what they’ll see when they receive a Vsnap notification. What’s different from the regular notification email?
- They can play the vsnap right in their email interface.
- They’ll also be able to download whatever attachment (if any) you’ve added without having to visit Vsnap.com.
- Your username is also clickable and the recipient may watch your signature vsnap within their inbox as well.
Hope I answered everyone’s questions! If I didn’t or if there’s a Vsnap topic that’s on your mind, please comment below or send me an email.
Oh and if you’ve never received a vsnap and would like me to send you one, I’d be delighted to! Just send me an email. Alternatively, you can follow us on Twitter because I send a personalized vsnap to everyone that follows us.
Have a great day!