We are hiring a Lead Developer! Check out our job description below. If you’re interested, please email Dave McLaughlin (email@example.com) with your resume and a link to your portfolio that shows us some of your demos and code samples.
Boston, MA, United States
Forget reading emails written in caps (are they yelling or just lazy?), texts that may have been auto-corrected, hours spent analyzing emoticons, and trying to figure out which network you should message on. Introducing Vsnap, a simple video application to connect with the people that matter most in your life. With its clean interface, Vsnap makes it easy to send, request, tag, and store 60 second video messages.
You should apply if:
- you’re familiar and have worked with some (or better yet all) of the fun acronyms… JQuery, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX
- you know your way around MySQL or Postgresql
- you’re highly skilled in Ruby on Rails, Django, or PHP5
- you’re proactive and self-motivated
- you have strong verbal and written skills
- you’ve written software for mobile devices
- you’re confident in your skills and would be excited to carry most of the technical project responsibility at a fast paced startup
- you’re comfortable working independently and appreciate being on a team where everyone is an all-star player
- you’re funny… doesn’t everyone want to work with someone that has a good sense of humor?
- you’re hungry for projects that’ll allow you to fully create and execute your ideas
- you want to be part of a pure meritocracy
- you want an opportunity with an unlimited upside and room to grow
Bonus points if you’ve:
- worked at a startup before
- read Rework by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson and think it’s a life changing book
- included a job description of your ideal lead developer job
- you’ve written software for mobile devices and have experience building mobile websites for a wide range of mobile platforms
- developing and maintaining Vsnap’s web and mobile websites and applications
- ensuring continuous site functionality, as well as scaling and iterating as the concept matures
- communicating and providing clear documentation of your concepts, flows, interactions, and codes
- consistently brainstorming creative new concepts for Vsnap
- collaborating and coordinating with the Vsnap team to develop a shared vision of products
- rapidly fixing bugs and solving problems
- working with partners and vendors in evaluating technical requirements
- assisting in hiring technical talent
- loving (and using) Vsnap like it’s your full time job
- We’re brand new so we’re still working out benefits and stock option offerings, but we promise you’ll have them! We’ll save the details for when we talk.